Porcelain Veneers – Dunwoody, GA
Achieve a Flawless Smile
Do you have numerous aesthetic imperfections in your teeth? Many cosmetic issues, such as stains, minor misalignment, and chips and cracks, do not affect your dental health — but they may affect your confidence. Dr. Rodgers and Dr. Hughes fully understand the impact that such issues can have, which is why they offer a number of treatments that are designed to improve the appearance of teeth. One such treatment is porcelain veneers. This transformative procedure may be the key to helping you achieve the smile of your dreams!
What Are Porcelain Veneers?
Porcelain veneers, sometimes called dental veneers, are ultra-thin pieces of porcelain that Dr. Rodgers or Dr. Hughes can place over your teeth in order to disguise their aesthetic imperfections. As their name implies, they are constructed out of high-quality dental porcelain, which is extremely durable and bears a strong resemblance to natural enamel.
Who Is a Good Candidate for Porcelain Veneers?
If your teeth have any of the following imperfections, veneers may be the ideal solution for you:
- Chips and cracks
- Minor misalignment
- Teeth that are too small
- Small gaps between the teeth
Before recommending porcelain veneers, Dr. Rodgers or Dr. Hughes will carefully examine your teeth to make sure that they are healthy enough to undergo a cosmetic treatment. You should be free of gum disease, have an adequate amount of tooth enamel, and stick to excellent daily oral hygiene habits.
The Porcelain Veneers Process
When your permanent veneers are ready, you’ll return to our office for a second appointment. Dr. Rodgers or Dr. Hughes will ensure that the veneers are a perfect fit for your teeth before he permanently attaches them.
Benefits of Porcelain Veneers
Beyond giving you a fabulous smile, some of the benefits that porcelain veneers offer include:
- Veneers typically last for at least 10 years.
- Stain resistance. Porcelain is nonporous, which means that it does not absorb pigments like natural tooth enamel.
- Custom results. Everything about your veneers, including their size, shape, and color, will be tailored to complement your natural oral anatomy and facial characteristics.
Caring for Your Veneers
Caring for porcelain veneers is easy. Here are a few tips to help you maintain your beautiful new smile:
- Stick to an excellent oral hygiene routine
- Use a low-abrasive toothpaste so you do not accidentally scratch the porcelain
- Do not chew on ice or any other hard objects that might chip the porcelain
- Visit us at least twice a year for a checkup and cleaning
- Do not smoke or chew tobacco
Are you ready to schedule your cosmetic consultation with Dr. Rodgers or Dr. Hughes? Contact our team today. We are eager to help your smile reach its full potential!